Tuesday, August 10, 2010

WorkBooks.

              I've always tried working with John. Teaching him his numbers, Letters, Colors & Shapes. But I'm not a teacher, I'm not always willing to sit there through his mistakes, but I try. Hes my baby, & I love him, but sometimes when he plays stupid I really get upset. That's normal. I know it. But it still makes me feel bad for getting bad at him when hes playing stupid.

               So with that, We've gotten him workbooks to work on to get his ready for school. Teaching him his writing has been my biggest nightmare, until I got these "workbooks". He wants to trace them & get them right so he can get checks & make 100's. Its cute. but sad because he feels bad when he gets one wrong. Did I do that to him?  Ive been telling him its okay to make mistakes as long as he tries, that Mommy & daddy don't get mad when he tries hard, we get upset when he knows it, but thinks its funny to act like he doesn't. He seems to understand. Today we did some math, he learned how to write his numbers. IN A DAY. Ive been trying to teach him to write for over a year. Go figure. I'm proud of my little monster. We've been working for about an hour.  And hes been doing really great. I'm proud of him. We just finished the workbook one & are going onto workbook 2. they are Pre-school workbooks, but still. I didn't think to teach John some of this stuff.  Thursday we should start on the Kindergarten workbooks.




I need to still work on him with the sounds the letters make. But other than that, hes pretty much set for School.



Sitting here with John makes me have a great respect for teachers of pre-schoolers, & kindergarten kids. Like my friend over  at http://www.aswewriteit.blogspot.com/  Katherine. She taught art to kids John's age. I dont think I could handle it. Sometimes just one is more then enough.

0 comments:

Post a Comment